- Residential Treatment / PMIC
- Waverly, IA, USA
- Full Time/Part Time
Comprehensive benefits package for FT; pro-rated for PT
"It's not just a job. I don't work for the pay check, I work here for the kids." Grace, a Youth Associate at Bremwood
"These kids have good hearts and they just need to be given a chance. Working here, it's good to know you can make an impact even on bad days." Alison, a Lead Youth Specialist at Bremwood
If you have a passion for making a positive change in your community, LSI is looking for you. Join our team at LSI's Bremwood Residential Treatment Center in Waverly by becoming a full-time, part-time, or occasional Youth Specialist! Bremwood has a long history of serving trauma-impacted kids in Iowa. It's our job and our privilege to empower these children toward success.
Youth Specialists work directly with the children on campus, providing them with structure and support in their daily lives. Every day, you can give these children with the safe, positive, and therapeutic environment they need to thrive. The Youth Specialist's responsibilities include:
- Facilitating and billing group and individual sessions
- Assisting in daily chores
- Completing appropriate documentation, such as daily logs
- Providing appropriate activities to the children on our campus
Salary and Benefits
On top of being a family of caring teammates, LSI also offers a competitive salary and benefit package, including a 401(k), paid time off, and health, dental, life, and vision insurance.
Candidates are required to have one of the following:
- A Bachelor's degree in a social science field
- A Bachelor's degree in a non-social science field, plus 30 hours of child
mental health training
- An Associate's degree in a social science field, plus one year of experience in
child mental health services, and actively and continuously pursuing a degree
- A high school diploma or GED, plus a minimum of five years of child mental
health service experience, and actively and continuously pursuing a degree
This position requires a valid driver's license, auto insurance, a good driving record, and the ability to pass an extensive background check, including checks of the Dependent Adult and Child Abuse registries, the Sex Offender registry, and the criminal history check.
Are you ready for the most challenging and rewarding adventure of your life? Join our LSI team today!