- Services For People With Disabilities
- Dubuque / Des Moines / Waterloo, IA, USA
Independent Provider for LSI's Host Home program
Becoming an independent provider for our host home program is an opportunity for you to change the world! If you are passionate about helping others and making a difference in your community, becoming a mentor might be for you. Becoming a mentor gives you the opportunity to host an adult with disabilities in your home.
The independent providers (mentors) will provide guidance, support, and care for the individual living in your home. you will be working with the mentee on goals which could include things like, shopping, budgeting coping skills, cooking meals, personal hygiene, and assisting them in ways to integrate into their community. You will be an advocate/mentor helping them to live their best life possible.
This partnership allows you to establish a meaningful relationship with the person you are hosting as you invite them to become part of your family.
This position is an independent contracted position not an employee of LSI. However, LSI does offer support and guidance and resources for training. There are training requirements and a home safety check before a match can be made and a mentee placed.
- You must be 21 or older
- You must have a private bedroom available for the person you will be sharing your home with
- You must be able to pass the screening process. Each independent provider must complete an in-depth screening process that includes background checks of the potential provider and all of the people who reside in the home who are over the age of 18, a three part interview, a home safety check, and several other reference checks.
- You must have flexibility and creativity
- Finally, you'll need a passion for making a difference in the world
Does this sound like you? Apply today!