Lutheran Services in Iowa
  • Services For People With Disabilities
  • Waterloo, IA, USA
  • $11.00-11.60/hr
  • Hourly
  • Occasional

Why work for LSI?

 

"I view the world differently because of my work at LSI."

 

"I believe everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect."

 

Are you looking for a career where you can make a positive impact in the lives of others? At LSI, your journey is our passion! Our Services for People with Disabilities team is searching for a dedicated, compassionate hourly occasional (less than 24 hrs/wk) Caseworker in the Cedar Rapids/Waterloo area (Linn County). The Iowans we serve are seeking a life of greater confidence and independence, and it's our privilege to empower them toward success every day.

 

Duties

 

An hourly Caseworker works with individuals with intellectual disabilities or chronic mental illness. Our Caseworkers are there to provide support, assistance, and instruction in learning independent living skills like:

            - Money management

            - Socialization

            - Cooking

            - Personal hygiene

 

It's important that the individuals we work with are encouraged to be involved in their community. Our Caseworkers should know the basics of outcome-based performance measures, and develop Individualized Service Plans that are functional and reflective of the personal goals each of our individuals have.

A Caseworker primarily works with individuals one on one during day hours from 12:00pm through 6:00pm, mostly Monday through Friday. The person in this role should be willing and able to work occasional weekend hours, as needed. This role also has the potential to grow as more hours become available, and if desired. This position requires the use of electronic software for documentation. An average of 20% of your work week would be dedicated to doing electronic documentation while the other 80% of your work week would be dedicated to helping clients with disabilities to maintain their independence in their home and community. 

 

Salary and Benefits

 

In addition to joining a family of caring teammates, part-time Caseworkers enjoy a competitive salary and paid time off. Benefits are pro-rated for part-time employees, and team members working 30+ hours are offered a 401(k) and a health insurance plan including health, dental, life, and vision insurance.

 

Qualifications

 

Qualified candidates for this job will have a Bachelor's degree in Human Services, Education, or another human services-related field. One year of related experience is preferred.

 

This position requires a valid driver's license, auto insurance, a good driving record, and the ability to pass an extensive background check, including checks of the Dependent Adult and Child Abuse registries, the Sex Offender registry, and the criminal history check. This position requires frequent travel and meeting with children and adults one on one when they are available in their home and transporting them in their community. Candidates will need to provide reliable transportation with auto insurance that meets the requirements of Bodily Injury: $50,000/person; $100,000/incident and Property Damage: $50,000 in order to transport the clients.

 

It's their life. It's your career. Make a difference in both by joining our LSI team today!

Lutheran Services in Iowa
  • Apply Now

  • * Fields Are Required

    What is your full name?

    How can we contact you?

    I agree to ApplicantPool's Applicant Information Use Policy.*
  • Sign Up For Job Alerts!

  • Share this Page
.